The berries or so - called fruits of the forest, are small, fleshy fruits grow in wild bushes. From a botanical point of view, berries are not only fruits, it also includes very common vegetables in our daily use such as cucumber, eggplant, or tomato, it also includes other fruits such as grape, lemon or watermelon, but popularly they are the fruits of the forest or red fruits such as strawberries or strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, calafate. They are pulpy, soft, of various colors, sweet in taste with a certain degree of acidity and have small seeds.
Various studies and research have shown that the intense colors of its pigments contain very powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and anti - cancer that confer very beneficial nutritional properties for health
This is one of the most important characteristics that berries have, they keep free radicals at bay, preventing them from acting on cells and fighting inflammation caused by these substances.
The free radicals are unstable cells produced as a normal product of metabolism. Excess of these cells in the body can damage cells producing various negative effects and end up causing cardiovascular disease, cancer, neurodegeneration and other degenerative diseases.
What benefits do they bring to health?
· They reduce weight gain: they are fruits low in fat and therefore in calories, so it is useful as a resource to avoid gaining weight. But this benefit is not only because of that but because of the presence of anthocyanin; this substance is a powerful antioxidant capable of altering the activity of the genes that are in fat cells.
· They prevent cancer: the berries are especially rich in folic acid, fiber and various phytochemicals such as anthocyanin, elagic acid and resveratrol that collaborate in the prevention of various cancers.
· They favor sight: especially raspberries and blueberries, they are very rich in lutein, a carotenoid very important for eye health and more specifically for the prevention of cataracts.
· Improves blood sugar levels: it has been shown in various studies to improve the insulin response and therefore blood sugar levels by 25%.
· They prevent constipation: its high fiber content, especially insoluble fiber, increases the volume of stool in the colon and, therefore, favors intestinal transit.
· Prevent aging: help reduce wrinkles and skin damage caused by free radicals. It was also shown that they could block the production of enzymes that damage collagen.
· Improves Heart Health: Berries have been shown to support endothelial blood vessel function by lowering blood pressure and preventing blood from clotting.
How can they be included in the diet?
These delicious fruits can be eaten alone, fresh; but also due to its sweet and slightly acidic flavor, various preparations can be made with them, for example smoothies, juices, milkshakes, with yogurt, combined with other fresh or dried fruits. You can also make jams, sauces, cakes or country stuffed with them, ice cream, mousses or add them to salads to include them in lunches or savory preparations.
Chronic pain is loosely defined as any pain that lasts beyond an expected healing period and may or may not be associated with an identifiable cause or damage. As we age, it is increasingly common to suffer nerve pain associated with diabetes, shingles, cancer, or surgery. Chronic pain can also be the result of a variety of chronic diseases, like congestive heart failure, renal disease, and pulmonary obstructions. And finally, persistent pain could also be the result of joint and skeletal surgeries, arthritis, deteriorations, compressions, and fractures.